Mr Jack Smith’s defence
Mr. Smith’s defence plea could include the following:
1. Needed to make a better life for self and family
2. Set up education systems by building schools for local people
3. The natives spoke different languages so introduced a monolingual system for easier communication
4. Built roads and railways which aided transport and communication
5. Introduced new technologies like trains and ships for trade
6. Set up hospitals and health care systems in place of local beliefs; thereby reducing unnecessary number of deaths
7. Provided paid employment for local people
8. stopped tribal wars, which were leading to instability and poverty for the local people.
Can children think of more points in Mr Smith's defence?