Mr Jack Smith – A Plantation Owner is indicted on the following crimes against humanity
1. Destroying the rainforests by hacking and clearing large forest areas; thereby causing global warning and the resultant green house effects.
2. Hunting rare animals almost to extinction as a pass time hobby.
3. labeling indigenous people as sub- humans.
4. Exploiting local beliefs by claiming to be from heaven and setting up own religion in place of theirs.
5. Treating indigenous people no better than slaves on their own land.
6. Disregarding the skills and industry of indigenous people by labeling them as lazy and uncultured and without history.
7. Introducing racial discrimination and segregation laws thereby causing untold human suffering to indigenes.
Duing these series of actvities the students will:
· Learn about some aspects of Black history
· Consider evidence from different points of views
· Use an expert as a source of gathering information
· select relevant information from a wide range of sources
· engage in group discussions to arrive at a reasonable conclusion
· raise different types of questions appropriate to the task
· use a range of oral techniques to present persuasive arguments and engaging narratives
· Participate in whole class debate using the conventions and language of debate, including standard English